Thursday, October 7, 2010

For the love of Color

So I know I haven't been pulling my end of the deal here...have to say sorry for the absence of posting. I know it has been far too long and I promise I will be better! I have so much to share, I'll just have to find the time!

I woke up this morning thinking about color- lots of it. With winter approaching I am dreaming of doing some new dazzling colors in our master bedroom. The winter months can be so dreary and colorless once the leaves are gone, I want to keep everything bright inside our home. Freeze. Take a second and think about what life would be like without color.........No shades of green on the leaves, no more alluring blues/torquoise at the beach, no more golden sunsets, no yellow sunflowers, or purple orchids no gorgeous chesnut colored horses or sexy red sports cars. Imagine the WHOLE world in black and white. Weird, right? Pretty crazy to think about the importance of color in our lives and even more crazy is what exactly color is. "A visual attribute of things that results from the light they emit or transmit/reflect." (Wordweb.com) Moreover, the color we see etc. red, orange, gray, pink, are all of our eye's perception of a light that is reflected. God gives us so many things to enjoy because of color. Are you enjoying all that color has to offer? Well, with all that being said.. it was completely ironic to open the style section of the Washington Post this morning to find this:

Crazy! ...mind readers...

How awesome are these chiavari {cane} chairs!?




and these knobs.....



annnd these shoes

Just wanted to remind you of an incredibly amazing thing we enjoy everyday without thinking about it. Why not venture out and enjoy some new colors you're afraid of or you've never used before- in your home or in your wardrobe. Make a statement, make your presence know by a color that represents you. And if you've had a favorite color/colors your whole life I dare you to find a way to use it in a new way! I promise it will be worth the time spent. ;)

Love to all
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...